Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hello!

Way too long since my last post. I am doing well. As some of you know we took a trip to Louisiana the weekend prior to Mardi Gras. It was terrific seeing my family, friends, and the beautiful landscapes that I have come to miss. Who would have known that a bayou has such mystic? Our friends, Susan and Sam, hosted a porch party at their home on Saturday afternoon. We sat on the front porch on St. Charles Avenue eating quiche, sipping mimosas, and eating strawberries dipped in some kind of fantastic liquor cream sauce. I really do miss New Orleans!

Anyway, we continue to hang in here. My treatments are still every two weeks, and for the most part I tolerate them fairly well. Cathy has been my rock! Thanks to all of you who keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Ellen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post, I have been waiting. Sounds like a wonderful trip and much needed. Our thoughts are with you and cathy.
Steff and Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen:
Great to see you're feeling pretty good. Bitch boy and I miss you. Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,
I'm sorry we didn't get to see you in New Orleans, but glad to hear that you had a great time, and enjoyed a wonderful brunch on St. Charles. We'd love to see you!
Pam and Mary Ann